2009/10/15

Galileo, I am coming

This morning I just heard of a piece of marvelous news from BBC radio: the Vatican is exhibiting Galileo's instruments and original documents! Is it because those priests finally find Prof. Langdon really anoyying?

Seriously, this exhibition is a great opportunity to see Galileo's works. As we know from history textbook, Galileo spent his later half life to argue with the Catholic Church. The Vatican placed Galileo under house arrest, and announced his thoughts were heretic. Today, the Vatican still preserves plenty of books and original documents of Galileo. All of them are precious historical records. To celebrate the International Year of Astronomy and the contributions of Galileo, the Vatican plans to give regards to their once old enemy.


When I first heard the piece of news this morning, I jumped up and down. What a chance! Galileo's legacies are opened there now! I just need to fly across a channel, and I can see them! ...Okay, the Alps should be plus. However, compared with my friends in Taiwan, it is still much easier for me to attend. Although this accidental journey is not in my previous plan.

Anyway, I look forward to launch the adventure. Maybe the first step is to check if I forget any plot of Angels and Demons.

Detailed information about the exhibition can be found at this website link.

No comments: